Last year was my first year and It was intense and amazing! I met some of the best people ever and I never wanted to leave. I am so blessed that my nanny family decided to take their vacation on the week of my camp so I would be able to go.
Here is what my week will consist of:
- No phone, facebook, internet. NOTHING. I am doing a media fast during this week. Not that we have much time anyways, but on my breaks I want to stay "IN THE ZONE"- the theme for the week.
- Saturday and Sunday the huddle leaders (college kids) will train. This is just preparation to be full of the spirit and prepared for the week ahead of us. It is a great time of fellowship. Getting to know eachother is awesome because we all have Jesus in common.
- When we all sit down for the first time in the room together- boys sit on one side, girls on the other. gotta love the middle school element of uncomfortable situations hahaha
- We are led by some amazing adults. I have never met people like them and it is encouraging to know that I can stay that strong in my faith, and maybe be involved with FCA when I am older too.
- Living in a dorm room and eating cafeteria food for a week! (although Sunday after church we get HY Vee)
- Each huddle leader (me) has a huddle- a group of high school kids. Last year I had girls going into high school, it was so awesome to see their insecurities come out and given to God. I won't know what age I have until camp week. really am hoping I get my youngins again- but because of that I will probably be with senior girls.
- We do four meetings with our huddles throughout the week.
- Surrendered in the zone- God wants to save you
- Renewed in the zone- God wants to heal you
- Powerful in the zone- God wants to fill you
- Unstoppable in the zone- God wants to use you
- The campers will spend about 6 hours a day playing basketball. We will have chapel, quiet time, small group time, fun games, and so on.
- Its a week full of encouragement and bringing people closer to God. There's nothing more rewarding.
- See you in a week!
peace
love
Jesus
No comments:
Post a Comment